Tuesday, January 13, 2009

CH-ch-ch-changes... (Any wonder why I can't seem to post??)


So last week I was in seven states, in one form or another, and ended up putting in several hundred miles of windshield time (middle-of-nowhere-Kansas, anyone?). Not my idea of a great week, but very illustrative of how 2009 is shaping up for my department at work. We managed to grow more than 30% in 2008, and we're goal setting for 2009 currently, with plans to repeat and increase that growth this year. While it's exciting to be a part of so much change and growth, my sleep deficit is well into the negative digits. For those of you wondering, it was home (WI), MN, MO, IL, TN, TX, and KS. And the next couple months look like more of the same.


It has been busy at work, but also busy at home. The holidays were a blur - we had seven Christmases in December between B and I's families, and I managed to still fit in a trip to TX. I got my tree up (with the help of darling Bother #1) and lit, but never did manage to get ornaments on. Oh well, there's next year. It was Wii bowling, movies, food, gift grabs, white elephants, toasts, excitement and bondage (family, not the other kind). Hey everybody - let's do it again next year! :)


There have also been a lot of changes happening to the circle of family and friends. Three cousins and two college friends announced babies for 2009, another announced a 2010 marriage, another a cross-country move, and I couldn't be happier for all of them. While changes create apprehension, the also create opportunity.


So here's to 2009 - already the year of changes.

No comments: